Friday, December 01, 2006

Awarded

Same as before, I have not updated my blog for a significant amount of time. A few of the very few of my readers complained about it. I guess it is time to write something now since I finally have something more interesting to tell.

I have been awarded a "Bravo Award" today by the department. Set aside the actual money matter, this award means a lot to me. First of all, I have not got any award for years now. I used to be a frequent award receiver when I was in primary school. The glory years suddenly disappeared since the day I started in a band 1 secondary school. What was the good for entering a good school? I lost all the fame and confidence! I was buried! After I got kicked out (I was so glad to tell you the truth), the good days came again when I started in a lower band school. I got all the honors and attention back to me again, till I started uni. But of course, the older you get, the lesser chance you would get awarded. This I take it as an adult life. You do not get a sweet by doing your homework quick, but really need to work real hard to get noticed. So every so often you have to award your self for something, no matter a gadget or a nice dinner.

The second important meaning of this award is, I proved the statement "You cannot perform if you don't speak danish" wrong. That statement was threw on to my face not long ago. Now I can proudly say I can always perform if I have the motivation to. Perhaps you can argue that statement was part of my motivation, then I have to say thank you to the speaker. So, "Don't give up even you got looked down upon" now become my golden rule.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi F,

Congratulations on the award! It is great working with you on eDoc and I think you deserve the award.

Anders

PS I know you understand Danish, and you can write (chat) in Danish, so I guess that sometime you will speak Danish too...

Anonymous said...

Go, go Frances!!! Congratulations! A long deserved recognition! And yes, agree, us immigrants should never be underestimated! Hahaha!